Are you one of those people who open up a new model tank and catch yourself thinking about what you might do to make that tank a one of a kind? If you think that the decals that came with the tank are for beginners and prefer to give the model your own personal touch then you can definitely do so by applying a custom paint job. It is not hard to do so and will just take a little extra planning and preparation. The end result will be a tank that you can call your own.
Some of the techniques for painting can be a little involved but with practice it is not impossible to learn them. The first thing you must do is to decide whether you want to hand paint your model or airbrush it instead. Airbrushing can produce a great looking paint job; however, it can be hard to add specialized strokes on smaller models. If you will be painting your model a solid color then you can bet that airbrushing will do a great job.
Hand painting your model can be great for adding all sorts of small detail into your paint job. If you are painting a camouflage motif to your tanks then it may be the easiest to use since airbrushing can be very difficult without the use of many different masks. One of the drawbacks to hand painting is that you can easily get the paint too thick or too thin. It can be much harder to control the flow of it as well which can lead to runs and may require a bit of cleanup work.
No matter which technique you use it is very important to allow plenty of drying time between coats so that you get a better looking job. By painting over areas that are still somewhat tacky you can cause runs and smears in the paint job. Another important consideration is whether or not you should use primer. It is not always necessary to prime the models before you paint them but it does allow the paint to adhere much better. It can also help you to find any flaws that could be present in the models.
Before you assemble and paint your model you should clean it. Use some lukewarm soapy water but make sure that it is not too warm. If it is then it could possibly warp the plastic. By removing all the foreign materials from the model the paint will go on much more smoothly.
To get started with the art of oil painting you are faced to buy the materials needed. Oil painting materials are quiet expensive and there are many varieties of materials to choose from which is little hard for the oil painting beginner. What we have here is a guide for you in purchasing your oil painting materials.
1. Choosing the right easel for your painting? You have to consider some few things like what is it made of the height. The most important thing to remember is to have an easel that is sturdy. Many easels can be bought in art shops but if you do not have a budget then you can make one for your own. There are tips on how to make an easel that is just right for you. Having a self made easel gives you an ease of not adjusting anything when using because you can make it to put the canvas where you wanted. Portable easels are mostly used if you wanted to paint outdoors or out of your working place.
2. Next are white bristle brushes. Get a variety of brushes and it is suggested to get animal hair brushes and not the synthetics brush. Animal hairbrush handles the pigment better and is more natural than synthetic hairbrush. Q-tips cotton are also better in oil painting because they can create very subtle stroke with its soften edges. Using white bristle brushes needs more practice though. It is recommended to use a shaving brush, cut it with a brush cutter.
3. Pads of wax coated paper or disposable palettes is also needed when oil painting. When you use only one, tear it off and its fine but it is suggested that you get to disposable palettes. One is for putting your colors down, while the other one is used for mixing colors only.
4. Different oils can be mixed with your pigments. Start with Cold Pressed Linseed oil but you can experiment later on. The latter oil mentioned earlier is extracted from trees and is general purpose oil. A palette knife is to be used when mixing the oil and resins into the pigments. Alkyd resin is needed to fasten the drying time of the pigments. If you are not familiar with alkyd buy a general purpose one until you know which one you want to use.
5. Other essential materials are paint thinner or mineral spirits. In using these substances make sure to get one that is not too smelly or strong because these are not that good to ones. Brush washer is also needed to put the paint thinner in and wash your brushes. Rags are preferred for messes and cleanups.
6. Canvas boards are good for oil painting practice. Prepare your canvas and buy it unprimed. There are pre-stretched canvases available in department stores or art shops though this comes with a price.
In case you are planning to get art pieces for your home or office then purchasing it from fine art gallery San Diego can give you completely different experience.
Majority of the people consider purchasing art work through art gallery in the physical world. This will require walking through the place wherein you are not supposed to touch anything. This is where you will not get benefit of even having close up views of the art on display. However this is not the case with online fine art gallery San Diego.
There are lots of people who do not like the idea of going to physical galleries. However for this kind of people there are online galleries. With this you do not have to worry regarding the actual feeling lost and not understanding anything about art. You will be able to shop for excellent contemporary art prints, oil paintings, etc through online.
Online fine art gallery San Diego offers distinctive and exclusive experience to their customers. The advantages of online galleries refer that they at uniformity with the high end galleries. Today the time is when you just sitting at your home check out the art pieces and at the same time order it and get it delivered at your door step. There are lots of things which you will have to bear in mind when you get started with searching for online gallery.
The very first thing that you will be required to consider is the size of the art piece that you require. This is something that you need to decide primarily as the size is the major visual thing that people will notice in your art pieces.
Another thing that you need to consider is the space. In case you do not have enough space then you need to consider purchasing small pieces of art. It is essential for you to measure the space prior to going ahead with selecting the pieces that you would like to purchase.
After this you need to consider the theme of the room before going to fine art gallery San Diego. This is where you will really be specific regarding the sort of art that you would like to get. In case you want a very nice theme for your art that is not controversial you really cannot go wrong.
At the end it is also recommended that you take a moment on deciding where the art work is going to be placed so that the true colors can be reflected from the paintings in the best manner. After considering all these factors you can go ahead with purchasing the best piece of art work from fine art gallery San Diego.